SKI AREAS IN ZILLERTAL 3000
Eggalm ski area
66 modern cable cars and lifts, 21 km challenging ski runs, and a lot of opportunities for deep snow and mogul skiing.
The Panorama Descent 66 is considered one of the best runs. A marvellous view you have to try!
It is easier to get into ski and glacier world Zillertal 3000 with 10-lane cable car in Finkenberg! You overcome almost 900 m difference in altitude from the valley station to the mountain station in 7 minutes travelling time.
With a slope of 78%, Austria’s steepest slope Harakiri is probably the highlight in Penken/Mayrhofen ski area! This is only for steady nerves. You will also find the Van Penken Snowpark here. It’s for those who have always dreamed about shredding or jibbing.
- 136 km and 177 hectares of slopes, 23 lifts
- Harakiri slope with 78 percent slope - NEW Penken cable car
- Freestyler paradise - Children paradise Funslope Ahorn
- Connect directly to Eggalm and Rastkogel
Ahorn ski area
Ahorn ski area is ideal for families and beginners. Flat and wide slopes are perfect for the first tries on skis.
Zillertal 3000 panorama map >>
Slope map ski area Zillertal 3000
More information about Zillertal 3000 >>
Badhotel Kirchler Tip: Make a slope tour from Penkenjoch-Finkenberg over Rastkogel ski area to Eggalm. Quite an experience!
Barely 500 meters away from Badhotel Kirchler and you are already in the mountain railway going up to the glacier. There is skiing, carving or snowboarding 365 days a year on Hintertux Glacier. Guaranteed powder snow is waiting for you from October to May!
By the way: The descent ends just behind our hotel!
More information about the glacier >>
The Glacier Circuit
A challenge, but also a unique experience would be the tour around the glacier. This tour passes through the whole territory of Zillertal 3000. There is a total travel of 15.000 meters of altitude distance and 72 km of slopes. There are two parts that must be travelled by ski bus. Entry points to the tour around the glacier are in Finkenberg, Tux-Vorderlanersbach, Tux-Lanersbach and Hintertux.
Plan Glacier Circuit >>
Other ski areas nearby
Skiing in Zillertal
- 506 kilometers of perfectly prepared slopes
- 181 modern lifts
- Skiing from 580 to 3.250 meters above sea level
- Plenty of huts and mountain restaurants
- Ski rental and sports stores
- 25 ski schools with about 500 ski instructors
- 143 km and 415 hectares of slopes, 69 lifts
- Lift connection to the neighbor state Salzburg
- SkiMovie and Speed-Check routes, Arena Coaster
- Longest snow-covered valley descent in the entire Zillertal
- 107 km and 311 hectares of slopes, 47 lifts
- Night skiing, hideaway for off-road drivers and freeriders - BMW xDrive Skimovie route
- Huts and restaurants for gourmets